Administering incorrect medication or dispensing errors
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to medical care there are some conditions which mean that people are no longer able to properly take care of themselves and in this situation they may be administered to a care home – a place where they can live and receive proper, around–the–clock treatment for any ailments or medical problems which they might have.
One of the main roles and responsibilities of a care home is to ensure that any medical treatment a resident is undergoing is followed through correctly and in many situations this includes the administering of medications throughout their stay. Dispensing the wrong medication in any environment can be lethal, especially in a care home, and if you or someone you know has been injured as a result, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR THIS ERROR?
When it comes to medical dispensation errors there are a number of people who you could make a claim against. If you believe that your injuries occurred as the result of a poor practice on behalf of the care home – perhaps they had the incorrect procedures in place when it came to dispensing the medicine or it was done with poor accuracy – then you could make a claim against them. In addition if you feel that the error has been the fault of an individual then you could make a claim against them for personal negligence.
WHAT INJURIES COULD I CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to making a claim for injuries resulting from the administration of incorrect medication, some injuries that you could claim for include:
- Further problems with existing illnesses which may not be treated properly
- Significant health issues, especially if medicine is prescribed which could have an adverse effect to pre–existing medical conditions
- Allergies or allergic reactions caused by an adverse reaction to the medication
- Potential death.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXTRAS THAT I COULD MAKE A CLAIM FOR?
- Compensation for family members – if you are seriously or fatally injured then your family could be eligible to make a claim for compensation to cover any emotional distress or financial hardship as a result
- Compensation for further treatment – if you are given the incorrect medication then you may require further treatment as a result and you could claim compensation for these costs
- Emotional compensation – if you have been administered the incorrect medication then you could go through a great deal of suffering and be in a great deal of pain, you could make a claim for pain and suffering as a result.
HOW CAN THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U APPROACH HELP ME?
The Medical Compensation 4U approach is personal, yet professional, we are industry experts but we also have compassion and know how difficult it can be when you come to make a personal injury claim. These experiences are often traumatising and that’s why when it comes to dealing with this type of claim we will take you through the entire process from start to finish, leaving you to focus on your health and the things that really matter to you.