Care home injury
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to care homes, they are an area where we generally entrust our loved ones if we feel that we are no longer able to take care of them and that they are no longer able to take care of themselves. When we pay care homes we expect that our family members will receive the highest quality care, and at the least, be looked after on a regular basis in a way that they are able to remain happy and in good health.
Unfortunately this isn’t always the case and sometimes due to the neglect on behalf of care home staff, our loved ones can receive injuries as a result of accidents which may happen during their stay at the care home. These accidents can happen as the result of poor care home maintenance, carelessness or even as a result of abuse at the hands of staff. If you or one of your family members finds themselves in this situation then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR CARE HOME INJURIES?
When it comes to making a claim for care home injuries there are a number of people you could make a claim against, but in general you need to go straight to the source of the injury. If you have been injured through a fault with the care home building or work practices, for example through faulty electrical/gas appliances or through poor flooring or construction work then you could be eligible to make a claim against the care home operator. If you feel that your injury has been caused by direct contact with a member of staff then you could consider making a personal claim.
WHAT ARE SOME INJURIES COULD I CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to care home injuries there are a number of common injuries that you could claim for and these include:
- Injuries caused by slips and trips over unsafe surfaces
- Injuries caused from food poisoning or malnutrition
- Injuries caused by physical impact, including physical abuse
- Mental and emotional injuries which result from negligence or abuse.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I MIGHT BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM?
- Additional medical expenses – if you are injured and require further medical treatment or any rehabilitation then you could be eligible to make a claim for these costs
- Family expenses – if your family is required to find the time to look after you or if another care home cannot be quickly found then you could make a claim
- Emotional scarring – if you are left with long term emotional scars as a result of your injuries then you could also include this in your claim.
HOW CAN THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U APPROACH HELP?
At Medical Compensation 4U we like to give you a personal approach to personal injury claims, ensuring that you are guided through the process every step of the way, knowing that there is a friend at your side throughout your claim. Our team of experts bring to the table over 20 years of experience dealing with care home injury claims and this knowledge can be invaluable when it comes to taking on your case.