Care home neglect
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
As some of our most vulnerable citizens, nursing or care home residents should be provided with the utmost attention and care which they require throughout their residence. When a person enters a care home, they are paying for a service and as such they expect to receive the best care and supervision available, without it they could be subjected to a number of physical or mental injuries or illnesses.
Every year there are many different cases of care home neglect, ranging from simple carelessness on behalf of a carer, to downright negligence, and in many cases this can lead to a number of injuries being sustained by care home residents. These injuries can be quite serious and can cause the resident to lose confidence in their ability to perform many common tasks. If you or someone you know has suffered in this way, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
Compensation claims for care home neglect can be made against a number of different people, but in general they are either directed towards a negligent member of staff, or the organisation as a whole. If the injuries have been caused through poor maintenance of a venue, poor cleanliness or sanitation or improper practices then you could consider making a claim against the venue. If you feel that a specific member of staff has been negligent or careless towards you then you could also be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT INJURIES COULD I CLAIM FOR?
There are a number of injuries that you could sustain as the result of being neglected and some common examples of this include:
- Mental/emotional injuries sustained from being abandoned or not being assisted when assistance was required
- Injuries from trips and falls which could occur if equipment is left lying around or the home is poorly maintained
- Food poisoning which occurs from poorly prepared food
- Injuries which may occur from lack of medication or lack of medical attention.
IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY, WHAT ELSE COULD I CLAIM FOR?
- Care home costs – if you are currently paying for a care home which has been negligent towards you then you could be eligible to recoup any money that you have spent
- Costs to your family – if members of your family have to take time off work to care for you are a result, or while you find alternative accommodation then you could be eligible to make a claim
- Further medical costs – if you have sustained injuries then you may require further medical treatment or even rehabilitation, as such you may be eligible to claim for these costs.
WHY MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U?
At Medical Compensation 4U we take a very professional, yet practical approach to your personal injury claims. As industry experts we know when we feel a claim can be successful and we will draw together all of the experience that we have to help you on your way to a successful claim. Our team of experts can guide you throughout the process every step of the way to ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to.