As the demand for plastic surgery continues to grow across the UK, breast augmentations are becoming increasingly common. With an increased desire to look young and aim for physical perfection more and more women across the UK are turning to plastic surgery as a way of achieving these goals.
As with any type of surgery, breast augmentation can be potentially dangerous if it is not performed correctly and you could be left with a number of injuries as a result. If you feel that your surgeon has been negligent towards you either before, during or after your surgery then you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim to recoup any financial damages that you have suffered as a result.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim for negligence as the result of breast augmentation surgery, you could be eligible to make a claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. In many situations this could be the operating surgeon, if you feel that they haven’t correctly informed you of potential risks associated with the surgery or of the correct after care procedures. In addition, you could make a claim if the surgeon makes an error during the surgery which leaves you at risk of a potential infection or further medical problems in the future.
WHAT INJURIES COULD I CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to breast augmentation claims, there are a number of injuries that you could receive as a result of negligence, these include:
- Severe scarring and skin abnormalities
- Problems with the implants such as deflation or leakage
- Potential infection to the area
- An allergic reaction between the implant material and surrounding tissue.
IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY, WHAT COULD I MAKE A CLAIM FOR?
- Loss of income – If you are unable to work due to surgical negligence or you are unable to return to your job at all then you could be eligible to claim for a loss of income over this period of time
- Medical expenses – Hospitals can be expensive areas and if you do require further treatment then you could be left out of pocket as a result – you could make a compensation claim to cover these costs
- Rehabilitation costs – The treatment doesn’t just stop when you leave the hospital, as with many cosmetic procedures there is a long rehabilitation process and if this is extended due to negligence you could be eligible to make a claim.
HOW MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U SOLICITORS CAN HELP MY CASE
When it comes to dealing with breast augmentation claims, Medical Compensation 4U are industry experts in the field and we can guide you through the process with a personal, yet professional touch. Our team brings together a wealth of knowledge and experience to assist with your case and leave you to relax and focus on what is really important to you – your health.