It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to plastic surgery, breast enhancements are one of the most popular choices among women who are looking to change their figures. Glossy magazines, television shows and the internet portray a range of stereotypes of women and many people choose to undergo this type of surgery to look like many of these women, or simply to boost their own self–confidence.
Although breast enhancements have become far more common and mainstream in recent years, there is still an element or risk involved, as there is with any type of surgery and despite the fact that these procedures have been refined there are still many problems which can occur before, during or after surgery if the correct precautions are not taken and the correct treatment is not given. If you have suffered injuries or problems during your breast enlargement surgery then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAULTY BREAST ENLARGEMENT?
When it comes to making a claim for a faulty breast enlargement the responsibility here lies solely in the hands of your cosmetic surgeon, for they are responsible for your health and progress right throughout the treatment stages. They are responsible for ensuring that you are made aware of the risks of your surgery, that you fully understand the procedure and that you are given the correct rehabilitation practices, this is in addition to performing the surgery correctly. If there are any problems at any stage of the treatment then you could be eligible to make a claim against them.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON INJURY CLAIMS?
When it comes to breast enlargement claims there are a number of common injuries that you could claim for and these include:
- Claims for faulty implants which may leak or break damaging surrounding tissues
- Claims for heavy scarring or bleeding which occurs as a result of surgery
- Claims for infections which may occur during surgery
- Claims for improper information – your surgeon does not consult with you over the size, the risks or the rehabilitation process surrounding your surgery.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM FOR?
- Further surgery – if you have been left with cosmetic damage as the result of a faulty breast augmentation then you may require further surgery to correct these problems
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work due to negligence in this area then you could be eligible to claim back any money which you would have earned during this period
- Rehabilitation – any extension of your rehabilitation time can also lead to a loss of income so you may be eligible to claim for any additional costs that you incur or any extra treatment that you need to combat any new injuries or medical problems which arise.
THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U TEAM ARE HERE TO HELP
Guiding you every step of the way our team know how difficult breast augmentation claims can be and how much they can damage your self–esteem. You should not feel ashamed or embarrassed to approach us about this type of injury as we are there to support you, and work with you throughout your case, ensuring that you receive every penny that you are entitled to. Our team are consummate professionals and together we can work to earn you compensation.