It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to self–confidence, many women will do whatever they can with the aim of looking and feeling great, but one thing that can really knock this confidence down is when areas of the body are out of proportion. When it comes to the breast area, many women are born with breast asymmetry or in some cases, this could occur as the result of surgical problems in the area, or injuries which they may have received.
Like any type of cosmetic surgery, breast lift surgery or mastoplexy as it is commonly known, carries with it many risks and potential complications if there is negligence at any stage. The tissue which surrounds the breast is incredibly soft and delicate and any problems during the procedure can leave the patient with severe scarring and many other related problems. If you have suffered in this way, then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a compensation claim for a breast lift, you can make a claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you, this could include your operating surgeon or perhaps a nurse who was there to assist throughout the process. If your surgeon has not informed you correctly of any potential hazards involved, has been negligent during the operation or throughout the rehabilitation process then you could make a claim.
In addition, if a nurse has been negligent during the surgery, this can include improper sterilisation of implements, or being negligent towards your recovery, then you could also be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT INJURIES CAN I CLAIM FOR DURING THE BREAST LIFT PROCEDURE?
There are many problems which can occur during a breast lift procedure as the result of negligence and some of the common ones include:
- Patient supplied with the incorrect rehabilitation equipment including an incorrectly sized supportive bra
- Negligence during the surgery including infection, scarring or damage to surrounding tissues
- In some situations Botox or other chemicals may be injected into the skin and this could result in an allergic reaction
- The surgeon not passing the correct information onto the patient, or not taking into account any relevant medical history.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXTRAS THAT I COULD CLAIM FOR?
- Medical Expenses – if you are required to undergo further surgery to correct any problems which may occur as a result of a failed breast lift operation then you could be left with a hefty bill. You could be able to claim this back as compensation.
- Rehabilitation – any type of cosmetic surgery requires a period of rehabilitation and this is no different, if there are problems with your surgery then this period could be extended and could leave you out of pocket as a result
- Loss of income – you may be required to take an extended period of time off work, or alternately if your line of work involves your body then you could see a significant loss of income, you could make a claim for this.
WHAT CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U SOLICITORS DO FOR ME?
Bringing together a wealth of knowledge and experience the team at Medical Compensation 4U can help you with your breast lift compensation claim, every step of the way. Our team knows the ins and outs of the cosmetic surgery industry and we know where you may be entitled to make a claim. If you feel that you have been left out of pocket as the result of negligent surgery then you should consider starting a compensation claim today.