It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to plastic surgery, many people make a common assumption that breast enhancements are the most popular technique and that many women endeavour to increase the size of their chest, but breast enhancements are not the only popular type of cosmetic surgery technique in this area. Some women are born with a large bust line which prevents them from completing many everyday tasks without pain and as a result they might choose to have breast reduction surgery.
In many cases, successful breast reduction surgery can help to take away years of discomfort and pain and help to prevent further injuries down the line, especially when it comes to back and neck problems, but unfortunately in some situations due to negligence on behalf of the operating surgeon this is not the case. Like any type of plastic surgery, if not performed correctly, breast reduction surgery could leave you with a host of medical problems.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim you could choose to claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you, in most cases this will be your surgeon who is responsible for your welfare throughout the procedure, this includes the initial consultation, the actual surgery and the rehabilitation process. If you feel that they have been negligent towards you at any stage either through improper preparation, through problems during surgery or problems during the rehabilitation process then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT INJURIES CAN I MAKE A CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to breast reduction claims there are a number of injuries that you could potentially make a claim for and these include:
- Severe scarring to the breast tissue and surrounding tissue
- Infection and persistent localised pain
- Physical disfiguration which could lead to low self–esteem
- Allergic or otherwise harsh reactions to the surgery.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I COULD CLAIM BACK?
- Rehabilitation costs – rehabilitation after plastic surgery can be a long task, but if your surgery is performed in a negligent manner this could become even longer, requiring further money and/or time off work, you could be able to claim for this
- Loss of income – if you need to take further time off work, or you are unable to return to work due to negligence during an operation then you could be eligible to make a claim
- Medical expenses – additional time in hospital or additional surgery normally means additional fees, you shouldn’t be left out of pocket as a result of someone else’s negligence.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U SOLICITORS HELP ME?
The team at Medical Compensation 4U are incredibly experienced when it comes to dealing with personal injury cases and we can work with you throughout the claims process, guiding you every step of the way. Our team combines a personal, yet professional approach to ensure that your claim is handled in both an efficient and effective manner.