It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to plastic surgery there are many different options available to people who are hoping to change the way that they look, and one of the slightly more uncommon procedures is eyelid surgery. When it comes to slowing down the ageing process this is one of the more common surgery types as it can help to remove bags from under and around the eyes giving a more refreshed and youthful appearance to the patient.
As with any type of surgery, eyelid surgery can be dangerous if it is performed in a negligent manner or without the correct precautions, especially as it is so close to the eye area. If you feel that your surgeon has been negligent towards you and you have been left with injuries as a result, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
Compensation claims can be made against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you, in the case of this type of surgery those claims are usually directed towards a surgeon who may have been negligent either during or after your surgery. The eye is an incredibly delicate area so it’s important that your surgeon is careful throughout the surgical procedure as any slips or lacerations could leave you with temporary or permanent blindness or severe facial scarring around the eye area.
WHAT TYPES OF INJURIES CAN I CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to eyelid surgery there are a number of injuries that you could claim for and these include:
- Inability to fully close your eyes
- Possible loss of vision
- Abnormal discolouration of the eye area.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES THAT I CAN CLAIM?
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work due to errors on behalf of your operating surgeon then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Trauma – facial scarring and loss of sight can both be incredibly challenging disabilities to deal with, as a result you may suffer from low self–esteem or lose your ability to be comfortable in a social environment
- Associated medical costs – if you receive injuries to the surrounding tissue or facial areas, such as your eye, you may require further long and expensive treatment as a result.
WHEN IT COMES TO MY CASE, HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP?
When it comes to making a personal injury claim the team at Medical Compensation 4U can work with you every step of the way to ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to. Our team will give you a personal approach at what we understand can be an incredibly difficult time and we will ensure that you are guided throughout the process, with the knowledge that your personal injury claim is in safe hands.