It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
There are many plastic surgery techniques which have been developed over the years to try and slow down the ageing process, but none has proven more popular or more common than the traditional facelift. With the ability to smooth out wrinkles and cast away fine lines, a facelift can knock years off the age of a person in mere hours.
Although facelifts are becoming increasingly common in the UK, they are still a type of surgery and as a result there are a number of risks involved when you undertake something such as this. The face is an incredibly delicate area and any small mistakes in this area could leave you with serious scarring or other facial injuries.
If you have undergone a facelift and have been left with injuries at the hands of a negligent surgeon then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAULTY FACELIFT?
When it comes to making a claim for injuries you have received from a facelift, these claims can be lodged against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you and in most situations this will be the surgeon who performed the operation. The surgeon is responsible for ensuring that your surgery is performed to the highest standards and that you are fully informed about any risks or further procedures that will need to be followed throughout the process.
If you feel that your surgeon has been negligent during any stage of the procedure, or before or after the surgery and you are injured as a result then you could make a claim.
WHAT ARE SOME INJURIES I COULD CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to making a claim for injuries that you may receive during a facelift operation, some of the claims that you could make include:
- Facial disfiguration
- Substantial facial scarring
- Nerve damage to the face and surrounding areas
- Bleeding under the skin.
CAN I CLAIM FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES?
- Trauma – your face is an incredibly crucial area of your body and it is an area that you cannot hide, any disfiguration or scarring in this area can have a large impact on your self–esteem and you could suffer from trauma or psychological damage as a result
- Loss of income – negligence during a facelift could leave you needing further medical treatment and this could leave you unable to return to work. In this situation you may be able to claim for lost income
- Associated injuries – infections or other problems in the facial area could lead to damage to surrounding tissue, in turn this could affect your eyes, nose, mouth or even ears.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U?
At Medical Compensation 4U we pride ourselves on our friendly and personal approach to your personal injury claim. You will be assigned one case manager who will look after your case from the start right through to the completion – one point of contact for you to easily get in touch as you need. Our team brings a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to the table and working together we can help to reclaim any compensation to which you are entitled.