It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to weight loss there are many different techniques available depending on how much weight each person is aiming to lose and over what timeframe. In recent years many people have started to turn to surgery rather than the gym as a method of losing weight and this has seen a large increase in the number of plastic surgery procedures performed across the UK.
One popular surgery technique which has also seen an increase in cases is Gastric Band surgery. With this type of surgery a band is placed around the stomach area, reducing the size of the stomach and therefore encouraging the wearer to only eat small meals. In turn this helps to cut down the amount of calories a person is consuming and aids them when it comes to losing weight.
Unfortunately like any type of plastic surgery, Gastric Band surgery can be dangerous especially if it is performed in a negligent manner. If you have been left with injuries as the result of a failed Gastric Band operation then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR COMPENSATION FOR A FAILED GASTRIC BAND OPERATION?
Failed Gastric Band operations can be quite serious as any infections or problems in that localised area can lead to a range of serious injuries, especially with the close proximity to many of the body’s major organs. When it comes to holding someone accountable, in general the operating surgeon is responsible if there has been an error during or after surgery. Surgeons are well–trained professionals, but any mistakes that they make can have serious consequences for you and if you are left out pocket or injured as the result of negligent surgery then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF COMMON GASTRIC BAND INJURIES?
- Injuries which result from surgical errors such as cuts to surrounding tissues or scarring in the localised area
- Infections as the result of negligent surgical staff
- Problems with the Gastric Band including Gastric Band slipping
- Potential death from a serious post–operative infection.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXTRAS I CAN CLAIM FOR?
- Loss of income – Gastric Band operations are quite serious and if your surgeon has been negligent leaving you needing further surgery then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Rehabilitation – Negligent surgery can leave you with a longer rehabilitation time and additional costs, you could make a claim to compensate for this.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to dealing with personal injury claims the team at Medical Compensation 4U are industry experts and we can work with you through every step of the personal injury process. Bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table our team can work with you every step of the way to ensure that you receive the attention and the compensation that you deserve. If you are looking to make a personal injury claim with a company who genuinely cares about your welfare then Medical Compensation 4U is the team for you.