It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to our appearance, hair is often one of the most important things that we take into consideration – and it’s one thing about our appearance that we can choose to alter quite easily if we are not happy with it. When it comes to hair you can choose to style it however you like and colour it almost any colour of the rainbow, but one thing that you can’t determine is how much hair you will be given, or when you might lose it.
Unfortunately in some circumstances people may start to lose their hair quite early in life and as a result they may choose to have a hair transplant. As a rather long and complicated procedure hair transplants can be quite dangerous and there is the potential for a number of problems to occur. If you have been the victim of a failed hair transplant then you may be eligible for a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAILED HAIR TRANSPLANT?
When it comes to making a claim for a failed hair transplant you need to look at who has been negligent towards you and in this situation it is most commonly the operating surgeon who may have been negligent before, during or after your surgery. It is the responsibility of your surgeon to ensure that you are fully aware of the risks and what is required before and after the surgery. In addition they must take the utmost care during your surgery to ensure that they don’t make mistakes. If you feel that your surgeon has been negligent in one of these cases then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT INJURIES CAN I CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to a failed hair transplant you could be left with a number of injuries which you could claim for and some of these include:
- Rashes – the chemicals used during a hair transplant could have a reaction with your head and cause swelling, burning and irritation as a result
- Loss of hair – either through the process or several years into the future this procedure could leave you with bald patches
- Severe scarring – you could be left with severe scarring on your head as the result of a failed hair transplant procedure
- Divots or bumps – you could be left with divots or bumps on your head as the result of negligent surgery.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I CAN CLAIM BACK?
- Additional medical fees – if you have had a failed hair transplant you may be required to undergo more treatment to fix any problems or infections that might have incurred, this will be costly and you may be eligible to claim for these costs
- Trauma – a failed hair transplant can be an incredibly traumatic experience causing you to lose your self–confidence and hurting your social life you could be eligible to make a claim for emotional distress as a result
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work as the result of failed hair transplant surgery then you may suffer from a loss of income, you may be able to claim some or all of this money back as compensation.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
With years of experience, the team at Medical Compensation 4U can help you throughout the claims process giving you a personal touch every step of the way. Our team will work with you to ensure that you are fully informed throughout the process, while being assured that Medical Compensation 4U will do the hard work for you – leaving you to focus on what really matters, your own health.