Liposuction or abdominoplasty
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Most common types of claim:
When it comes to losing weight many people choose to go to the gym or change their diet, but in some situations this doesn’t always work. Regardless of how many hours a person may put in at the gym, sometimes that stubborn weight just won’t shift, and in this situation the person may choose to surgery as an alternative method of ridding those last few pounds.
As one of the UK’s most common plastic surgery techniques, liposuction is performed on many areas of the body with the aim of removing unwanted fat which may have been left over from weight gain or after pregnancy. Once the fat has been removed the skin is stretched back over the area leaving the skin taught giving it a youthful and healthy appearance.
Similar to any surgical procedure, liposuction can be dangerous, especially as it is performed in a very delicate area of the body. If you have been injured as the result of negligence during your liposuction surgery then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR LIPOSUCTION/ABDOMINOPLASTY INJURIES?
When it comes to making a liposuction claim, you will most commonly claim against the surgeon who has performed your surgery, in most cases it is their responsible to ensure that your surgery is carried out in a safe and proficient manner, if you feel at any time they have not performed in this manner and you have been left with injuries as a result then you could make a claim.
In addition you could also claim against hospital staff if you feel that they have been negligent during your stay, this could include nurses who may have not given you the correct care or may not have correctly steralised the surgery equipment.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON INJURIES I COULD CLAIM FOR?
There are a number of injuries that could result from negligence during liposuction surgery and some of these include:
- Severe scarring and skin abnormalities
- Injury of abdominal organs
- Infections as the result of negligent surgery
- Potential death.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXTRAS THAT I COULD CONSIDER CLAIMING FOR?
- Long term injuries – many liposuction injury cases result in long term injuries to the claimant, these are injuries that you may continue to suffer from long after the surgery has been completed and your case has been settled, you could be able to claim for future medical expenses
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work as the result of problems with your liposuction surgery then you could claim for a loss of income
- Psychological trauma – scarring and physical disfigurement can lead to a loss of self–esteem and other psychological traumas, if you are affected you may be able to make a claim.
HOW CAN THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U APPROACH HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we understand that there is much more to your compensation claim that just getting the money back, we know that this is a difficult time and that you require understanding and compassion and we are there as a friend as well as personal injury lawyers. Working together we can recoup any compensation to which you are entitled.