It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to maintaining oral hygiene, dental operations are quite a standard part of looking after our teeth, and from time to time almost everyone will require some form of dental work, whether it be a trip to the hygienist or something as complex and serious as a root canal.
Unfortunately when it comes to dental operations, as with any type of surgery, there is always the risk of infection and if the dentist does not take the correct precautions then you may find that you could be left with an infection as a result. If this happens and you require further treatment as a result then you could be eligible to make a personal injury compensation claim.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
Making a claim against a healthcare professional may seem like a daunting task, but if your dentist has been negligent towards you and you have been left with injuries as a result then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Infections are usually the result of negligence at some stage of an operation, either in the preparation, the procedure, or in the rehabilitation process and if you feel that your dentist has treated you poorly throughout this process then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON CLAIMS I COULD MAKE?
When it comes to making a claim for a dental infection there are a number of situations where you could be eligible for compensation and these include:
- Claims for infections as the result of failed surgery
- Claims for infections due to unhygienic practices
- Infections caused by a misdiagnosis/wrongful dental procedure
- Infections caused by poor rehabilitation/aftercare.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I COULD CLAIM FOR?
- Loss of income – if you are required to take additional time from work as the result of an infection from the negligence of your dentist, then you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim to cover any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Additional surgery costs – infections usually need to be removed and treated and this will come at any additional cost to your traditional surgery, this could also be covered in your compensation claim
- Associated injuries – unfortunately in some cases infections have a nasty habit of spreading to surrounding areas, this could lead to a need for treatment in areas other than your mouth, and once again this could come at an additional cost.
HOW CAN THE MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U APPROACH HELP ME?
When it comes to personal injury law, the team at Medical Compensation 4U are experts and can work with you every step of the way to help ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to. Our team bring together a wealth of knowledge and experience to help your case and leave you relaxed and safe in the knowledge that your personal injury claim is being handled by a team of industry experts.