Failure to give preventative advice or oral hygiene
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
It is often said that prevention is a better alternative to a cure and in the case of oral hygiene, taking the correct prevention methods can help you to avoid costly trips to the dentist and the need for serious dental work to take place.
When it comes to seeking oral hygiene advice, the dentist is usually the first place a person would look, and as fully qualified professionals they are usually there on–hand to help advise us on how best to maintain our oral hygiene. Unfortunately in some situations this isn’t the case and negligent advice from your dentist can lead to poor oral hygiene habits and the need for extensive dental work.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim for failure to give oral hygiene advice, you could be eligible to make a claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. It is the responsibility of your dentist to advise you on ways that you can maintain your oral hygiene effectively and to provide you with the correct tools to do this. If you feel that your dentist has not provided this advice to you, or that they have provided you with incorrect information then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT ARE SOME SITUATIONS WHERE I COULD MAKE A CLAIM?
If your dentist fails to give you the correct advice then you could be eligible to make a claim, some of the situations where this might occur include:
- Negligent advice which leads to the development of cavities
- Negligent advice which leads to the need for extensive dental work
- Negligent advice which leads to pain
- Incorrect advice which can in fact harm your oral hygiene rather than improve it.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I CAN CLAIM FOR?
- Cosmetic costs – if your dentist provides you with incorrect oral hygiene advice this could lead to the degradation and potential loss of teeth. As a result you may require expensive cosmetic dental surgery to correct any problems, you could be eligible to claim for this
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work for an extended period of time during your treatment then you may be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Long term damage – if poor oral hygiene advice over an extended period of time leads to a number of long term oral health issues then you could be eligible to make a claim for any permanent damage which is incurred.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we are committed to helping you with your personal injury claim, every step of the way. Our team will work with you to ensure that you receive the best chance of success that you possibly can and we will bring our wealth of knowledge and experience to the table. We believe that our track record speaks for itself and when it comes to dealing with your personal injury claim, we are there for you every step of the way.