Failure to take adequate radiology
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to dental treatment there is only so much that can be identified by the human eye and at some point we all need a little help. In this situation when it comes to looking at the root structure of your teeth it is often prudent to enlist the help of radiology, so that the dentist can take a closer look at what might be causing problems to your oral health.
Although radiology can help with the identification of a number of potential cavities, if not done correctly it can also lead to a long, drawn out treatment procedure which can be increasingly costly, for this reason if you feel that your radiologist or dentist has been negligent towards you, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to radiology, your claim will very much depend on how your x–rays were taken. In some situations dentists have an in–house procedure which allows them to use a small handheld device to take imprints of each side of your mouth. This allows them to identify if your teeth are growing in the correct pattern and any small cavities which might be occurring in between your teeth, which are hard to see by the naked eye. Any negligence on this part will be at the hands of your dentist.
In some situations you may be required to visit an external radiographer who may perform more complex x–rays, especially if you require more serious treatment such as the removal of wisdom teeth or a root canal procedure. If this is the case then it could be the radiographer who may have been negligent towards you.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLAIMS I COULD MAKE?
When it comes to radiology claims there are several circumstances where you could consider compensation and these include:
- Poor radiology which leads to a missed diagnosis
- Poor radiology which leads to a misdiagnosis
- Failure to capture a full x–ray
- Radiology performed on the wrong area of the mouth.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM FOR ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Loss of income – if you have suffered from poor radiology then you could be looking at a longer wait for your treatment, as a result you may be required to take additional time off work and you could be able to claim back for any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Delay in treatment – failed radiology can lead to an inability to identify any potential oral health issues, as a result your treatment may be delayed and your injuries could become more serious and costly as a result
- Additional costs – poor radiology may mean that you will have to take additional x–rays and therefore additional treatment as a result, this can be costly and your compensation claim could cover this.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
The team at Medical Compensation 4U is committed to helping you with your personal injury claim, every step of the way. Working together we can ensure that you receive every penny that you are entitled to, without the stress and strain that you would normally associate with a personal injury claim. Our team of lawyers are trained experts when it comes to the field of personal injury law and we can work with you throughout the process from the start to the very end.