Delayed treatment or surgery
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
As one of the most important areas of our bodies, our eyes are a crucial aspect of our ability to continue to perform a range of common everyday tasks. When it comes to medical conditions in this area including potential degenerative diseases, it is crucial that any issues are identified straight away so that they can be treated quickly and easily.
If you visit a GP or specialist who fails to diagnose your illness then it could lead to a delay in treatment or surgery, as a result your symptoms could worsen or you could develop far more serious health problems in your eye area. If this happens to you then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR DELAYED EYE TREATMENT OR SURGERY?
Delays in treatment or surgery can lead to serious health consequences when it comes to dealing with the eye area and as a result you may be able to claim against a healthcare professional who you feel has been negligent towards you. In some situations this could be your GP if they have failed to refer you to a specialist, or to refer you to treatment due to a misdiagnosis. In other situations it could be a specialist if you feel that they have incorrectly diagnosed potentially serious conditions which has led to a delay in treatment or surgery.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF PROBLEMS WHICH CAN OCCUR FROM DELAYED TREATMENT OR SURGERY?
Delays in treatment or surgery can lead to a whole host of potential problems including:
- Worsening of existing symptoms
- Development of new symptoms
- Development of terminal conditions
- Partial or permanent blindness.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM FOR ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Loss of income – if you are unable to return to work, or you have to take additional time off work as the result of a delay in treatment or surgery, then you could be eligible to make a claim to compensate you for any loss of income that you have incurred
- Additional medical costs – delays in treatment or surgery can lead to potentially more serious injuries and you may require further treatment and surgery as a result. This can be expensive and if it’s due to negligence then you could be eligible to make a claim
- Equipment costs – if your delay in treatment or surgery leads to partial or permanent blindness you may require a range of equipment and educational options to help you with your everyday lifestyle. As a result, you could be eligible to claim these costs back.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to medical treatments, the team at Medical Compensation 4U understand what an impact delayed treatment or surgery can have on your life, and if you have been left out of pocket as a result then you shouldn’t be left to suffer in silence. Our team will work with you throughout the personal injury claim process, every step of the way, to ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to.