Misdiagnosis of eye conditions
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to our eyes, they are one area of the body which is incredibly important to our ability to complete general day–to–day tasks. Due to the important nature of this small, delicate organ, when it comes to dealing with any medical issues the speed at which we deal with them is crucial to preventing the spread of any potential diseases, as a result, misdiagnosis in this area can lead to potentially life–changing medical developments.
When it comes to diagnosing eye conditions, there are a range of medical professionals who are trained to specifically deal with the delicate nature of the eye area and as a result when we visit one, we expect that any potential medical problems will be identified and treated quickly and efficiently. If this doesn’t happen and it leads to further medical problems then we could be left with serious injuries as a result.
WHO COULD I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A MISDIAGNOSIS OF EYE CONDITIONS?
When it comes to the misdiagnosis of eye conditions you can claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you, in most cases this will be the healthcare professional who has been dealing with your eye conditions, either a doctor or perhaps a specialist. As a fully qualified professional, it is the role of these medical specialists to ensure that any health problems are diagnosed quickly and correctly to aid with a prompt treatment, if they are not diagnosed correctly then you could be left with serious injuries and could be eligible for a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME INJURIES WHICH COULD BE MISDIAGNOSED?
There are many potentially serious injuries which could be misdiagnosed including:
- Damage to the retina and surrounding area
- Misdiagnosis of cataracts
- Misdiagnosis of potentially harmful tumours
- Misdiagnosis of macular degeneration.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES THAT I CAN CLAIM FOR?
- Medical costs – if you have an eye condition which has been misdiagnosed then it could lead to a far more serious health issue which could leave you with further eye problems, or even lead to blindness. These problems may require additional medical treatment and you could be eligible to claim these costs
- Pain and suffering – dealing with a degenerative eye condition or blindness can be an incredibly difficult task and if this has been caused through the negligence of your doctor then you could be eligible to claim for pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings – if you are unable to work or unable to return to work permanently as a result of this misdiagnosis then you could be eligible to make a claim to cover any loss of income that you have incurred.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to dealing with misdiagnosis cases the team at Medical Compensation 4U are here to help. We will work with you throughout the personal injury claim process, ensuring that you have a helping hand there every step of the way. We will assign a unique case officer who will give a personal yet professional approach to your business and we will do the paperwork for you, leaving you to relax and focus on what really matters – your health.