Failure to adequately examine
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to common illnesses and ailments, the first thing that most people will do is visit their local GP. Trained to be an all–round medical expert, GPs are usually able to quickly and easily identify any potential medical problems and give us the correct treatment to cure any of these ailments.
Unfortunately in some cases GPs can be negligent towards us and through their negligence they may fail to notice a serious illness, or perhaps they might not give us an appropriate level of examination. If this is the situation and you are left with far more serious injuries as a result then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST WHEN MY GP FAILS TO ADEQUATELY EXAMINE?
When it comes to making a claim for GP negligence, your claim will be lodged directly at your GP, given that they are the individual who has been negligent towards you. GPs are fully qualified practitioners who are responsible for ensuring that you are appropriately examined and any illnesses you may have are dealt with efficiently and effectively. If you feel that your GP has been negligent towards you during diagnosis, or has not given you a proper examination then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS I COULD CLAIM FOR?
There are a number of situations where you could consider making a claim against your GP and these include:
- Misdiagnosis of a serious illness
- Poor examination of x–rays and other screenings
- Poor physical examination
- Poor evaluation of physical symptoms.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work or to return to work as the result of a serious illness which has been missed by your GP then you could make a claim
- Rehabilitation costs – if you are required to undertake further rehabilitation as a result of your GP failing to adequately examine your illness then you could be eligible to claim back your rehabilitation costs
- Trauma – suffering from a serious illness which could have been avoided is incredibly traumatising not only to you as an individual, but also to your family. If this has occurred through the negligence of your GP then you may be eligible to make a claim.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to dealing with personal injury claims, the team at Medical Compensation 4U are on hand to help you throughout the process. We will work with you every step of the way to help ensure a successful outcome to your personal injury claim, of which you will get to keep every penny. We understand that it can be incredibly traumatic to go through a personal injury of this type and that’s why at Medical Compensation 4U we pride ourselves on a professional, yet personal approach.