Failure to treat
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
If you have a minor ailment or injury the first place that you will usually visit is your GP. GP’s are fully qualified professionals who can offer us a wide range of medical expertise to help identify any potential health issues that we might have and help to treat them accordingly, with the appropriate medication to give us a speedy and effective recovery.
One of the main responsibilities of your GP is to diagnose any potentially dangerous medical conditions and treat them before they can become more serious, failure to do this could lead to you develop a more serious medical condition which could eventually be fatal. If negligence to diagnose and treat an illness has left you requiring further medical attention, or made a major impact on your life then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR GP FAILURE TO TREAT?
When it comes to making a compensation claim, if you feel that your GP has been negligent towards you then you could be eligible to make a claim against them. It is the responsibility of your GP to ensure that you receive the correct diagnosis and treatment as a result, failure to do this could lead to far more serious injuries and a potentially long and expensive rehabilitation process. If this is the situation then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
WHAT INJURIES CAN I POTENTIALLY CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to making a claim against your GP there are a number of injuries that you could claim for and these include:
- Failure to diagnose a serious illness
- Incorrect diagnosis
- Failure to treat an illness
- Prescribing incorrect medication.
WHAT ADDITIONAL COSTS COULD I CLAIM FOR?
- Medical costs – if you require further treatment as the result of your GP’s failure to diagnose a serious condition it could be quite costly and you could claim these costs back
- Care costs – if you are left with a serious illness or injury as the result of your GP’s failure to treat you may end up requiring care treatment
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work due to an extended period of illness, or you are completely unable to return to work as a result of your GP’s negligence, you could be eligible to claim.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U WORK WITH ME FOR A SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we pride ourselves on being personal injury experts who give you that very personal touch. We understand that going through this type of situation can be an incredibly challenging experience for anyone and that’s why we work with you throughout the process to guide you through it every step of the way. Our team will be on hand to deal with any problems which may arise, leaving you to relax and focus on your own health, leaving the paperwork to us.