Issuing incorrect prescription
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to visiting the GP, the one thing that a person will traditionally leave with is a prescription and in most cases this prescription will detail the type of medication that they are required to take and how frequently they should take it. Upon receipt of this prescription, the patient will take it to the local pharmacy and the pharmacist will follow the instructions on the prescription to create the medication which will then be taken by the patient in accordance to the instructions.
Unfortunately in some cases due to manual error, your GP may issue you with an incorrect prescription. This could include providing you with the wrong medication, or the wrong dosage. Either way, if you are left with injuries or illnesses as a result of this, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR AN INCORRECT PRESCRIPTION?
When it comes to making a claim for an incorrect prescription you can make a claim against your GP if you feel that they have been negligent in this case. Prescriptions are incredibly important as they are the only source of information that your pharmacist receives about your injuries or illnesses and this is the basis on which they are able to create something to help your illness. If they receive the wrong information then an incorrect prescription could be made and you could be left with even more serious injuries as a result.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLAIMS I COULD MAKE?
There are a number of situations where you may be eligible to make a claim against your GP for issuing an incorrect prescription and these include:
- If you develop a serious illness as the result of an incorrect prescription
- If your original injury is not treated
- If you have an allergic reaction to the prescription medication
- If you take an overdose due to the medication being too strong.
WHAT ADDITIONAL LOSSES COULD I CLAIM FOR?
- Further medical costs – if you are issued with an incorrect prescription then you may have to seek further medical treatment to cure your existing condition, or to deal with any further conditions which might arise as a result
- Loss of income – if you have to take additional time off work as the result of an incorrectly issued prescription then you may be eligible to claim additional costs to cover any loss of income that you have occurred.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we pride ourselves on giving a personal approach to your injury claim. Our team will work with you throughout the process every step of the way to ensure that you feel comfortable and relaxed at all times. Bringing to the table a wealth of knowledge and expertise our team will take of the paperwork for you, leaving you to sit back, relax and focus on your priorities, such as your health.