It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Giving birth to a child can be one of the most exciting times in the life of a couple, but in some situations many couples feel that they are simply not ready to take that step. There are many reasons that a couple may choose not to want a child, this could be for financial reasons or perhaps they are just not ready, but whatever the situation they may choose to use contraception as a way to avoid an unexpected pregnancy.
Although in many cases contraception is very effective, if it is not correctly utilised it can lead to an unplanned pregnancy. For a couple or an individual, this can be an incredibly traumatising experience and if you have suffered negligence in this manner then you could consider a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR CONTRACEPTION COMPLICATIONS?
When it comes to making a claim for complications with contraception techniques, you will generally make a claim against your GP as they will have prescribed the medication to you after consultation. Usually before you are prescribed contraception you will need to discuss different methods with your GP and any potential allergies or problems that may occur with different contraception techniques, if your GP fails to take this information into account, or they prescribe you contraception which doesn’t work, you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT ARE SOME COMPLICATIONS WHICH COULD OCCUR?
- Failure of sterilisation techniques
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Medical complications as the result of contraception
- Allergic reaction to contraception
- Side effects as the result of poor contraception.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT I CAN CLAIM FOR IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- On–going medical costs – unplanned pregnancies can be incredibly expensive and you may not be in a position to support a child financially, as a result you could be eligible to make a compensation claim for any costs that you have incurred through negligence
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work or lose your job as the result of contraception complications then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you incur as a result
- Pain and suffering – an unplanned pregnancy can be an incredibly tough ordeal for any parent and it can be an incredibly challenging and painful experience. If you are suffering as a result of this, you could be eligible to make a claim.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we understand how difficult the personal injury claim process can be and we are here to help you throughout it, every step of the way. Working together with our team of experts, your personal injury claim will receive the attention it deserves and you will receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to – put straight into your pocket. If you are looking for a company that really cares about your personal injury claim then look no further than Medical Compensation 4U.