Failed anaesthetic care
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to undergoing any type of surgery one of the most common elements that will be involved is anaesthetic. Designed to put a patient to sleep during treatment, anaesthetic is administered before an operation in the right amount to keep the patient asleep during treatment and then wake them once the operation has been completed.
Unfortunately in some situations anaesthetists can be negligent and you could be left with injuries as a result. If you were to awake during an operation, or you were to receive injuries as the result of an error during the administration of anaesthetic then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim as a result.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR FAILED ANAESTHETIC CARE?
When it comes to making a claim for failed anaesthetic care the claim will usually be made against an anaesthetist or other medical professional. As a fully qualified professional it is their responsibility to ensure that you are administered the correct amount of anaesthetic at all times, and that it is appropriate for you, i.e. you are not allergic to it. If they fail to do this and you are left with injuries as a result then you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim.
WHAT ARE SOME PROBLEMS THAT COULD OCCUR FROM FAILED ANAESTHETIC CARE?
If you are the victim of failed anaesthetic care you could claim for:
- Pain from awakening during an operation
- Psychological scarring from awakening during an operation
- Overdose of anaesthetic leading to serious injuries
- Allergic reaction to the anaesthetic
- Potential death.
IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY, WHAT ELSE COULD I MAKE A CLAIM FOR?
- Trauma – if you were to awaken during an operation you would not only be subjected to a great deal of pain, but you could also be severely scarred from what you might see, as a result you could be eligible for a compensation claim
- Loss of income – if you suffer an injury as a result of a failed anaesthetic then you may be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income you may incur if you have to take time off work
- Medical expenses – if you are injured as the result of negligence in this way then you may be required to undergo further medical treatment. As a result you may be eligible for compensation to cover the costs of this treatment.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U WORK WITH ME ON MY CLAIM?
When it comes to making a personal injury claim, the team at Medical Compensation 4U are here to help. We can help you throughout the entire personal claims process to ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to and that it is put straight back into your pocket. Our team will work around the clock to ensure the best outcome for your personal injury claim, while working with you to ensure that you are fully aware of our actions throughout the process.