When it comes to dealing with gynaecology/urology medical conditions, in many situations they will require surgery. As with any type of surgery this can be dangerous and there are many risks involved, but in this area in particular any mistakes can have serious consequences which can have a devastating impact on your lifestyle.
When it comes to surgery, in many situations it is performed by fully qualified professionals who put us back on the road to recovery in no time, but unfortunately this isn’t always the case. In some situations the negligence of the surgeon can lead to further injuries which can have a lasting impact on our health. If you have been injured through this negligence then you may be eligible for a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR FAILED GYNAECOLOGY/UROLOGY SURGICAL PROCEDURES?
When it comes to failed surgical procedures of this type, you are eligible to claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. In this situation it could be the operating surgeon or surgical assistant who may have been negligent during surgery , making an error which may have led to damage to the surround area. It could also have been your GP or gynaecologist who may have incorrectly diagnosed you and as a result the wrong surgical procedure may have been performed.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF FAILED SURGICAL PROCEDURES I CAN CLAIM FOR?
When it comes to making a claim some of the common cases that we deal with include:
- Failed procedures which lead to injury including bladder injury
- Potential loss of kidney function
- Damage to the intestine
- Injury to the ureter
- Abdominal wall injuries
- Surgical equipment left in the abdomen.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES I CAN CLAIM ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Pain and suffering – failed procedures in this area can lead to devastating consequences including sterility and other life changing medical conditions. If you are injured as the result of a failed surgical procedure then you could be looking to make a compensation claim
- Loss of income – if you are unable to return to work, or you need to take additional time off work due to a failed surgical procedure then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you have incurred
- Medical expenses – failed surgical procedures may fail to treat the original injury, or could lead to further injuries. Either way you may require additional medical treatment, as a result you may be eligible to claim for any additional medical costs.
HOW CAN WORKING WITH MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we are industry experts when it comes to dealing with personal injury claims and we will be there with you every step of the way to ensure that your personal injury claim awards you every penny of compensation that you are entitled to. Bringing together a team of experts and a wealth of knowledge you can be assured that you will receive the best possible advice on your personal injury claim.