It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Although childbirth can be an incredibly exciting time for many parents, in some cases it can be an incredible burden on an already tense situation. Having a child can be an incredible financial burden on a family who may simply not be able to support it, in addition it can put pressure on a family who may not want any more children. As a result many people may choose to terminate an accidental pregnancy in a surgical technique called an abortion.
Although there are over 40 million abortions performed each year around the world, similar to any type of surgery technique there is always the potential for something to go wrong. If you are the victim of a failed abortion and it has a negative impact on your life then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAILED ABORTION?
When it comes to making a claim for a failed abortion, you can make a claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you and in many cases this is the doctor who you will have been consulting throughout your pregnancy. This doctor is responsible for ensuring that your abortion is complete and for running the appropriate tests and scans to ensure that this is true. In addition you may also be eligible to claim against the operating surgeon if they were negligent during your surgery which resulted in a failed abortion.
WHAT ARE SOME SITUATIONS WHERE I MIGHT BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM?
When it comes to a failed abortion some situations where you might choose to claim include:
- Failed abortion surgery
- Failure of doctor to pass vital information on to patient
- Failure of doctor to complete scans to check abortion is complete
- Failure of doctor to run the appropriate tests to ensure abortion is complete.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY THAT I CAN CLAIM?
- Loss of income – if you are required to take time off work during your pregnancy or you are unable to return to work as you need to care for the child then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim to cover any loss of income that you have incurred as a result
- Medical costs – pregnancy can be an incredibly expensive experience and even after the pregnancy you may still have on–going costs, if your pregnancy was due to a failed abortion then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim
- Damages – going through a pregnancy can be an incredibly painful experience, in addition it can put stress on a family situation or a couple, especially if they are struggling financially. As a result, you may be eligible to make a claim for pain and suffering.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we understand how difficult it can be to deal with a failed abortion and that making a personal injury claim can often be the last thing on your mind – but that shouldn’t stop you from reclaiming what is rightfully yours, and that’s where we come in. We can take the hassle out of your personal injury claim, we will handle the paper work for you and leave you to focus on getting your life back on track.