It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to having children it is something that many couples choose to do at some stage during their lives, but there are some cases where people either decide that they have had enough children or that they don’t want to have children. As a result they may look towards surgery as a way to ensure that this does not happen.
For men, there is a surgical option called a vasectomy which helps to prevent the male body from providing sperm to impregnate a woman, for many people undergoing this surgery helps to ensure that they will no longer be able to have children, but in some cases it doesn’t always work. If your doctor or surgeon has been negligent towards you and you have ended up with a failed vasectomy, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAILED VASECTOMY?
When it comes to making a claim for a failed vasectomy, your claim will usually be directed towards the operating surgeon if you feel that they have made a mistake during surgery. This mistake could include damaging surrounding tissue, operating in the wrong area or not completing the operation successfully. You could also make a claim against your doctor or GP if you feel that they have not fully informed you of any risks that could occur after the surgery, such as a time where you may still be able to impregnate a woman.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON EXAMPLES OF FAILED VASECTOMY CLAIMS?
When it comes to making a claim, some common examples of where you could claim include:
- Wrongful birth as the result of a failed vasectomy
- Failure of your doctor to warn you of potential risks
- Autoimmune responses
- Chronic pain.
IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURIES WHAT ELSE COULD I MAKE A CLAIM FOR?
- Unwanted pregnancy – if your vasectomy fails and you are left with an unwanted pregnancy then you could be eligible to make a claim to cover the costs of that pregnancy and any associated costs with raising a young child
- Loss of income – if you have to take time off work or you are unable to return to work after a failed vasectomy then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you incur
- Medical expenses – if you require further treatment as the result of a failed vasectomy then you could be eligible to make a claim for any further medical costs that you have incurred.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
Medical Compensation 4U are industry experts when it comes to dealing with personal injury claims and our team will work around the clock to help you with your case. Combining a wealth of knowledge and expertise we know our stuff when it comes to dealing with personal injury claims and we will use this to help ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to – put straight back into your pocket.