Failure to diagnose pregnancy
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Pregnancy can be one of the most rewarding and also one of the most challenging aspects of a person’s life. It can be a difficult time for both parents and especially the mother, so with the help of medical intervention, doctors aim to make the process as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Unfortunately in some situations mistakes can be made and this can lead to serious health problems for the mother and the child. Pregnancy can be misdiagnosed as a tumour or other illness, or in some situations it may not be diagnosed at all, this can lead to serious health and lifestyle impacts in the future. If you have suffered at the hands of a negligent doctor then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE PREGNANCY?
A failure to diagnose pregnancy can have a huge impact on a person’s lifestyle and as a result it’s a common cause of compensation claims. In many situations these can be directed towards a GP or doctor who may have been negligent towards you. If your GP or doctor fails to perform adequate pregnancy testing, fails to follow up this testing or is negligent when looking over the results then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim against them.
WHAT ARE SOME SITUATIONS WHERE I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE A CLAIM?
- Misdiagnosis of pregnancy symptoms
- Surgery as a result of misdiagnosis which could harm your child
- Failure to perform adequate tests
- Failure to follow up on results
- Failure to adequately examine test results.
IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY, WHAT OTHER CLAIMS CAN I MAKE?
- Pain and suffering – pregnancy can be an incredibly difficult and painful time for a mother, it can also cause a great deal of stress and trauma within their life. If you have gone through a pregnancy as the result of a failed diagnosis by your doctor then you could be eligible to make a claim.
- Medical costs – in addition to your original compensation claim you may be required to pay on–going medical costs throughout your pregnancy, if your doctor has failed in their diagnosis then you could be eligible to claim these costs
- On–going costs – raising a child can be expensive and if you are left out of pocket as the result of an unplanned pregnancy then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation to cover some or all of these costs.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we understand how difficult it can be to go through a pregnancy, especially one that may have been unplanned, and that you weren’t aware of. As a result, we try to make the personal injury claim process as smooth as possible, ensuring that you feel comfortable throughout the process and at no stage do you feel intimated or confused about claim. We bring to the table a wealth of knowledge and experience to help your case and we will take care of the paperwork for you, leaving you to relax and focus on your own health and welfare.