Failed or wrong surgical procedure
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to treating many medical illnesses or injuries there may simply be no other alternative than surgery. Although this may seem a scary situation for many people, in most cases your surgery will be carried out in a quick and efficient manner by a fully qualified professional who will put you straight back on the road to recovery in no time.
Unfortunately however, this isn’t always the case and if your surgeon is negligent towards you then your surgery could leave you with far more serious illnesses and injuries than you originally had. If you find yourself in this situation and you are left with a hefty bill as the result, then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim for a wrong or failed surgical procedure then the person you may be looking towards is your surgeon. Although many surgeons perform incredibly complex and important operations each day, there are always situations where negligence can creep in, and if you have been the victim of a negligent surgeon who has either performed the wrong surgical procedure, or performed the procedure poorly, then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLAIMS I COULD MAKE?
When it comes to this type of procedure there are a number of claims that you could make and these include:
- Operating on the wrong area of the body
- Operating when it wasn’t necessary
- Operations which were unsuccessful
- Operations which led to the worsening of pre–existing symptoms
- Operations which created new symptoms.
IN ADDITION TO PERSONAL INJURY COSTS, ARE THERE ANY OTHER COSTS I CAN CLAIM?
- Further medical costs – if you have been the victim of a failed or wrong surgical procedure then you may be eligible to make a claim for any further medical costs that you are required to pay to either correct the surgical errors or to treat further injuries
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work, or return to work as the result of incorrect surgical procedures then you could make a claim for any loss of income that you may have incurred as a result.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we are committed to helping anyone who has suffered at the hands of a negligent medical professional. We understand how intimidating it can be when it comes to dealing with larger organisations and we pride ourselves on ensuring that everyone has their fair chance to be heard. If you are looking for help with your personal injury claims then our proven track record speaks for itself, your claim will be in safe hands with us.