Failure to remove unintended foreign objects during surgery
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to dealing with medical injuries or illnesses, many of us find that we may need to undergo surgery at one stage or another to fix a potential health issue and in most cases we will undergo surgery taken by a qualified medical professional which will leave us with a healthy and happy outcome.
Although surgery is becoming a more common and therefore a much safer option for medical treatment, there are still many risks associated with it if the performing surgeon or their assistants are negligent during the surgery. If you have been involved in surgery where a tool or other foreign object has been left within your body and you have been injured as a result, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim for a failure to remove foreign objects during surgery you can claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. In general this claim can be directed towards anyone who was responsible for your surgery, this could include the performing surgeon in addition to any other medical professionals who were present during the operation and may have assisted the surgeon at any stage.
WHAT ARE SOME OBJECTS THAT I COULD CLAIM FOR?
There are many foreign objects that you could make a claim for and these include:
- Small cameras and other video aids
- Sharp operating tools including scalpels
- Tubes and pipe equipment
- Surgical tools.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURES THAT I COULD CLAIM?
- Additional surgery costs – if you have been left with a foreign object inside your body after surgery then you will likely require further surgery to remove this item. If this is the case then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim for these surgical costs
- Loss of income – if your additional surgery means that you have to take time off work or are unable to work then you could be eligible to make a claim for loss of income
- Damages – being left with a foreign object after surgery can be an incredibly traumatic experience, it could cause further damage to your body requiring additional medical attention and you could make a claim for this negligence.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to making a compensation claim the team at Medical Compensation 4U are here to help. Working with you throughout the process we can help ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to. Our team brings to the table a wealth of knowledge and experience which can really help your case, and we also bring a passion to fight for your case with the aim of a successful and just outcome.