Failure to review or monitor fluid levels
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to treating injuries or illnesses, the treatment is only the initial stage, in many cases the recuperation and rehabilitation can be equally as important when it comes to the recovery stages. It is also at this stage that you are often the most fragile and as a result the utmost care must be taken to ensure that your recovery is successful and that you are given the correct treatment throughout your recovery.
There are many daily tasks that need to be performed by the doctor or nurse looking after your recuperation and one of these is monitoring your fluid levels, this is a crucial aspect of your recovery. If your carer has been negligent towards you and this has been done incorrectly then you could be left with serious injuries as a result.
WHO COULD I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR FAILURE TO REVIEW/MONITOR FLUID LEVELS?
When it comes to making a claim of this type, you are eligible to claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. In the case of a failure to review/monitor fluid levels this could be a doctor or nurse who is responsible for your treatment during your stay in hospital. Monitoring fluid levels is an incredibly important job and a fairly standard procedure for most medical professionals, however there are always times where they may become distracted and as a result incorrect readings could be taken. In this case you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS WHERE I COULD MAKE A CLAIM?
When it comes to making a claim, there are a number of injuries that you could claim for and these include:
- Injuries sustained from administering too much fluid
- Injuries sustained from administering the incorrect fluid
- Injuries sustained from fluid levels being too low
- Potential death.
WHAT COULD I CLAIM FOR IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Damages – if you are left with serious injuries as a result of negligent treatment then it could directly impact your lifestyle, leaving you unable to perform a range of tasks that you have become accustomed to, as a result you may be able to make a compensation claim
- Rehabilitation – rehabilitation can be a long and drawn out process, but I can be hindered by poor treatment and if your rehabilitation is extended as a result then you could be looking at additional costs
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work as the result of an extended rehabilitation period then you could be eligible to make a claim for any loss of income that you have incurred as a result.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to dealing with personal injury claims the team at Medical Compensation 4U are on hand to help you through every step of the process. Working together with our team of industry experts you can rest assured that your personal injury claim is in safe hands. Offering both a personal and professional approach we will work with you to recoup every penny of compensation that you are entitled to.