Negligent delay in treatment or surgery
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to identifying and treating illnesses, one of the most important aspects of the treatment process is time. It’s incredibly important that in most cases as soon as a potential illness or injury is identified it is treated, this helps to prevent the injury from worsening or the development of many side effects which could come about as a result. If there is a delay in this type of treatment or surgery, it can lead to the worsening of symptoms and the potential development of far more serious health issues.
If you have suffered from serious health setbacks as the result of a delay in treatment or surgery, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR A NEGLIGENT DELAY IN TREATMENT/SURGERY?
When it comes to making a claim for negligence in this manner there are a number of people who you could make a claim against. If the delay in treatment is caused by a delay in diagnosis then you could claim against your GP or doctor if you believe that they have failed to identify any potential health problems which you have had in a reasonable amount of time. The delay may also have been caused by the negligent of a specialist who may have failed to identify any potential medical problems.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLAIMS I COULD MAKE?
There are a number of situations where you could make a claim for a delay in treatment or surgery, some of those include:
- If you develop further symptoms as the result of delayed treatment
- If your symptoms worsen as the result of delayed treatment
- If you develop a terminal illness as the result of delayed treatment
- If your illness spreads to another part of your body.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY THAT I CAN CLAIM?
- Medical costs – delays in treatment could lead to additional medical costs, and you shouldn’t be left footing the bill for another person’s negligence
- Loss of income – delays in treatment can lead to more days off work which could leave you without a reliable source of income. If you are left out of pocket as a result then you could be eligible to make a claim.
- Damages – delays in treatment can lead to serious terminal illnesses, or problems which could affect you for the rest of your life, if you find yourself in this situation then you could make a claim.
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
At Medical Compensation 4U we are here to make the personal injury claim process simple for you. Our team will work around the clock to ensure that you feel comfortable and supported throughout your personal injury claim. Working with industry experts we will help you reclaim every penny of compensation that you are entitled to, and put it straight back into your pocket.