Unnecessary surgical procedures
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
For many people when it comes to dealing with medical illnesses or injuries, surgery is a fact of life. As surgery becomes increasingly common, the practice becomes refined and in turn it becomes a safer, faster and far more effective approach to dealing with medical illnesses – but this doesn’t mean that surgery should occur when it is isn’t necessary.
Medical professionals are highly trained experts who, for the most part, do a fantastic job of nursing us back to health, but unfortunately errors can be made. If you have received surgery when you didn’t need it and you have been left with injuries or out of pocket as a result then you could be eligible for a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR AN UNNECESSARY SURGICAL PROCEDURE?
When it comes to an unnecessary surgical procedure there are a number of people who you could claim against, but in most situations it will be the person whose negligence has led to the procedure. In some cases this could be your GP or doctor who may have misdiagnosed an illness and sent you for surgery which was unnecessary. In other situations it could be a specialist who may have done exactly the same thing. Either way, if you have been sent for surgery you didn’t need, you may be able to make a claim.
IN WHAT SITUATIONS MIGHT I MAKE A CLAIM?
Unnecessary surgical procedures can not only be time consuming, but they can also do a great deal more harm than good in some situations. Situations where you might be able to make a claim include:
- Surgical procedures which have led to the development of new injuries
- Surgical procedures which may have worsened existing injuries
- Potential allergic reactions during the surgical procedures
- Potential infections during the surgical procedure
- Increased rehabilitation time.
ARE THERE ANY COSTS, ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM, THAT I COULD OBTAIN?
- Further expenses – you may require further medical treatment to treat an existing illness or to treat any injuries which you may have incurred during the unnecessary surgical procedure
- Rehabilitation – almost all types of surgery require a rehabilitation period. If you have to undergo this as a result of surgery that you didn’t need then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim
- Loss of income – if you are required to take additional time off work as the result of unnecessary surgery then you could be eligible to claim for any loss of income that you incur as a result.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
The team at Medical Compensation 4U is committed to ensuring that your personal injury case gets heard. We work with personal injury law every day, working our hardest to ensure that our clients receive a fair trial and every penny of compensation that they are entitled to. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise you can rest assured that when you are dealing with Medical Compensation 4U your personal injury claim is in safe hands.