Wrong site surgery
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Surgery is usually a crucial part of the treatment process when it comes to treating many major illnesses or injuries, and this is essential to ensure that the recovery process can get well under way. Surgery is a delicate procedure which requires the utmost care and attention, if this doesn’t happen, mistakes can be made and potentially devastating consequences can occur.
One of the most important aspects is performing the surgery correctly in the correct area, but unfortunately in some situations either through direct negligence or mis-communication this doesn’t happen. If you are injured as a result, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST?
If you are looking to make a claim for wrong site surgery, you can claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you either during your surgery or in the lead up to your surgery. In some situations this could be your GP or doctor who may have incorrectly diagnosed your illness. This could lead to them giving incorrect surgery instructions to your surgeon. On the other hand, you could make a claim against your surgeon if you feel that they have been negligent towards you during the surgery and your wrong site surgery occurred as the result of a mistake on their part.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF WRONG SITE SURGERY?
When it comes to wrong site surgery some common claims that we deal with include:
- Removal of an incorrect area of the body
- Unnecessary removal of an organ
- General wrong site surgery
- Wrong site surgery which leads to further health complications
- Wrong site surgery which leads to the worsening of existing symptoms.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM IN ADDITION TO MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Loss of income – if wrong site surgery leaves you unable to attend work, or unable to return to work, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim to cover any loss of income that you have received as a result
- Pain and suffering – incorrect surgical procedures can lead to a great deal of pain and suffering, in addition the removal of an incorrect body part can have a devastating impact on your life, as a result you may be eligible to make a claim
- Additional medical costs – if you are the victim of wrong site surgery then you will most likely require corrective surgery to fix your existing medical problems, in addition to any extra problems which have been caused, you could make a compensation claim as a result.
HOW CAN WORKING WITH MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we can help you with your compensation claim, guiding you through the process every step of the way. Working with our team of professionals, we will ensure a practical and personal approach to your personal injury claim, with the aim of awarding you every penny of compensation that you are entitled to – straight into your pocket. With a wealth of knowledge and expertise we have the experience you need to make your compensation claim successful.