Assisted delivery errors or injury
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to pregnancy, one of the most difficult and dangerous aspects is often during the delivery. Although the human body is designed to give birth naturally, in many situations it might need a little help and in these circumstances an assisted delivery may be performed, which uses the help of additional tools to help with the delivery process.
Midwives and other medical practitioners are generally trained in the use of birth instruments, but in some cases mistakes can still be made and these can be incredibly damaging to both the mother and the child. If you have suffered at the hands of a negligent medical professional during the delivery of your child, and you or your child has been left with injuries, then you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST?
When it comes to making a claim for compensation for assisted delivery, your claim can be made against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you during the delivery of a child. This could be a doctor, nurse or mid–wife depending on your circumstances. When it comes to assisted delivery it’s important that the medical professional is able to adequately use birth instruments as needed, if you feel that they have been negligent towards you when using these instruments to assist with delivery and you have been injured as a result, then you could be eligible to make a claim.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF CLAIMS THAT I CAN MAKE?
If you have been injured as the result of negligence during assisted delivery then there are a number of situations where you may be eligible to claim and these include:
- Damage to the perineum such as tears and cuts
- Injuries incurred through the Forceps method
- Injuries incurred through the Ventouse method
- Injuries to the baby
- Injuries to the mother.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS I CAN CLAIM ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Further medical cost – if you are injured as the result of an assisted delivery error then you may require further surgery or medical attention to treat your injuries, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim to cover these costs
- Long–term medical costs – many injuries which are sustained during delivery can be both serious and long–term, as a result they may require on–going medical attention, or they may have a lasting impact on your lifestyle. You may be eligible to make a compensation claim as a result
- Loss of income – if you are required to take additional time off work due to injuries which you have received during childbirth, or to look after a child who has been injured due to negligence in this area then you could be eligible to make a claim.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP?
When it comes to dealing with assisted delivery errors, the team at Medical Compensation 4U can help you on your way to a successful personal injury claim. With decades of experience when it comes to dealing with personal injury law, our team are experts in the field and we can help you with the claims process, every step of the way.