Errors in antenatal screening
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
Pregnancy can be an incredibly rewarding time as a parent and for nine months most people get to go through the joy of watching their baby grow and develop into a healthy, young child. To ensure that the baby is given the best chance of survival and a good life a number of antenatal tests are performed during the pregnancy with the aim of identifying any potential health issues before the child is born.
When it comes to antenatal screening there are a whole range of tests which are performed on the mother to help identify any potential health conditions which may arise and these include ultrasounds, translucency scans and blood tests. If these tests are not performed correctly then your doctor may fail to identify potentially deadly illnesses which could have a devastating impact on your child. In this situation, you may be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO COULD I CLAIM AGAINST FOR ERRORS IN ANTENATAL SCREENING?
When it comes to antenatal screening it is the responsibility of your doctor to ensure that the correct tests are performed and that any potential risks are identified and explained thoroughly to the parents. If you feel that they have not performed this role correctly and you or your child have been left with injuries which could have otherwise been avoided then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME INJURIES THAT COULD OCCUR AS A RESULT?
Errors in antenatal screening can lead to a number of potential problems including:
- Potential injuries to the mother
- Potential injuries to the child
- Wrongful birth
- Mis–diagnosis of potential health issues
- Missed diagnosis of potential health issues.
ASIDE FROM A PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM, ARE THERE ANY OTHER CLAIMS I CAN MAKE?
- Loss of income – if you are required to take additional time off work or you are unable to return to work as the result of injuries that you or your child receive through negligence throughout the screening process then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation
- Trauma – problems during childbirth can be incredibly traumatising to a parent or relative and they can leave lasting emotional scars which you may have to deal with for the rest of your life. As a result you could be eligible for a compensation claim
- On–going medical costs – if errors during the antenatal screening process leave you with long–term injuries then you may be required to pay on–going medical costs, as a result you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
HOW CAN THE TEAM AT MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP MY CASE?
At Medical Compensation 4U we pride ourselves on giving you the best possible chance of having a successful personal injury claim. Our team will work with you every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome for your claim. We bring to the table a wide base of knowledge and expertise to deal with a whole range of personal injury claims and we will ensure that your claim receives the attention that it deserves.