Missed diagnoses of child illnesses
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to children, the diagnosis of illnesses at an early stage can be incredibly important to ensuring that they are able to lead a successful and healthy lifestyle. If illnesses are ignored at such a young age they have the potentially to grow and develop into far more serious illnesses which can have a lasting impact on the lifestyle of that child.
There are a number of tests that young children undergo from the moment that they are born right throughout their young years which are aimed at identifying any potential health issues they may have and treating them quickly. If your doctor is negligent in identifying any medical issues at this stage and they develop into something far more serious, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR THE MISSED DIAGNOSIS OF A CHILD ILLNESS?
When it comes to making a claim for a missed diagnosis you can claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards your child. Examples of common misdiagnosis can be the failure to properly read an x–ray, the failure to take appropriate blood tests or the failure to recognise any physical symptoms which could demonstrate an illness or injury. If you feel that your doctor or other healthcare professional has been negligent towards you in this way, then you could be eligible to claim.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON EXAMPLES OF CHILD ILLNESSES?
When it comes to missing the diagnosis of a childhood illness, it can lead to serious consequences for the child in question, some situations where you may be eligible to claim include:
- Injuries which develop as the result of negligent antenatal scans
- Injuries which develop as the result of missed diagnosis during early years
- Injuries which worsen as the result of missed diagnosis
- New symptoms or illnesses which appear as the result of missed diagnosis
- Missed diagnosis which may result in death.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURES THAT I CAN CLAIM FOR?
- Further medical treatment – if your child develops more serious symptoms or injuries as the result of a missed diagnosis then you could be looking at further medical treatment over a long–term period. This can be expensive and you could make a claim to cover these costs
- Trauma – the missed diagnosis of a child illness can be an incredibly traumatising experience to both the child and parent, especially if it results in the child developing a more serious, debilitating condition, or even leading to death. You may be eligible to claim compensation for any emotional strain which you suffer through this time.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
At Medical Compensation 4U we can help you with your personal injury claim, every step of the way. Our team will work with you throughout what can be a very difficult process, ensuring that you are fully aware of your rights. We will help to ensure that you receive every penny of compensation that you are entitled to, while handling the paperwork and other often confusing aspects of personal injury law. With the team at Medical Compensation 4U you can rest assured that your injury claim is in safe hands.