Poor treatment or neglect
It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to pregnancy it can be one of the most enjoyable times in a person’s life and for this reason it’s important to ensure that everything goes smoothly throughout the experience. Although with the development of modern technology pregnancies are becoming easier and safer, it’s still important that regular check–ups and scans are completed to ensure the health of both the mother and the baby.
When it comes to identifying potential problems a great deal of trust is placed within our doctors to ensure that any medical issues are quickly identified, so that they can be treated accordingly, but unfortunately in some situations this doesn’t happen. If you have been treated poorly during pregnancy and you or your child have suffered injuries as a result, you could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHO CAN I MAKE A CLAIM AGAINST FOR POOR TREATMENT/NEGLECT DURING PREGNANCY?
When it comes to poor treatment or neglect during pregnancy, the person who you will normally look to claim against will be the doctor who you have visited throughout your pregnancy. This doctor is generally responsible for ensuring that you undertake a range of tests and scans to ensure that the baby is developing correctly and to identify early any potential illnesses or problems during the pregnancy. If your doctor has failed to do this and you or your child have been left with injuries as a result then you could make a compensation claim.
IN WHAT SITUATIONS MIGHT I BE ELIGIBLE TO MAKE A CLAIM?
There are many situations where you may be eligible to make a compensation claim, some of the common situations that we deal with include:
- Failure to identify potential problems
- Failure to provide adequate screening and examination to child
- Development of disease or injuries resulting from neglect
- Negligence during delivery.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES I CAN CLAIM ON TOP OF MY PERSONAL INJURY?
- Loss of income – if your doctor is negligent towards you during your pregnancy then you may need to take additional time off work to deal with any health conditions that you or your baby develop as a result. You may be eligible to make a compensation claim in this case
- Medical expenditure – you may incur large medical expenses as the result of injuries which you or your child may receive through the negligence of your doctor, these may require on–going treatment and you may be able to claim for compensation to cover this
- Trauma – in some cases poor treatment or neglect can lead to your child developing serious illness or injury, or in some cases it can even lead to death. This can be an incredibly traumatising experience for a parent or relative and as a result you may be able to claim compensation.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to personal injury claims Medical Compensation 4U are industry experts and we can work with you throughout the claims process, every step of the way. Our team prides itself on bringing a wide range of knowledge and experience to the table, helping to ensure that you receive the best advice and are given the best chance of a successful claim outcome.