It's important that you choose a medical negligence lawyer who has the experience and knowledge to deal with your compensation claim effectively.
When it comes to children, pregnancy is one of the most rewarding and yet challenging stages in a woman’s life. Although modern technology means that pregnancies are becoming increasingly safer, there are still a whole host of medical problems which can occur as the result of negligence on the behalf of a doctor throughout the pregnancy and even in the screening stages.
It is the responsibility of the doctor to identify any potential health problems during the child’s development and alert the parents. As a result the parents may then choose to terminate the baby as a treatment option. If the parents are not made aware and the child is born with poor health which could lead to death, they may be eligible to make a claim for compensation.
WHO CAN I CLAIM AGAINST FOR WRONGFUL BIRTH?
When it comes to dealing with cases for wrongful birth, the claims are generally lodged against the negligent party who has failed to inform the parents of potential medical conditions with their child. In most circumstances mothers are required to undergo a great deal of screening to determine if the child is carrying any medical problems which could affect them once they are born, if the doctor fails to recognise a potentially dangerous disorder, or fails to pass this information onto the parents then they could be eligible to make a compensation claim.
WHAT ARE SOME SITUATIONS WHERE I COULD CLAIM FOR WRONGFUL BIRTH?
There are a number of situations where you may be eligible to claim for wrongful birth and these include:
- Failure of the doctor to pass on important information
- Failure of the doctor to inform the parents of any potential health issues
- Lack of appropriate screening process
- Mis–diagnosis during the screening process
- Missed diagnosis during the screening process.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL COSTS ON TOP OF MY INJURY THAT I COULD CLAIM FOR?
- Additional medical costs – on top of the costs of dealing with any personal injuries that you have incurred, you may also have additional costs for further treatment that you may require to deal with any on–going injuries as a result
- Trauma – dealing with a wrongful birth can be an incredibly traumatic experience for any parent, it can leave substantial emotional scars on a person’s life that they may then have to life with. If you have suffered emotionally as a result of negligence you could be eligible to make a claim
- Loss of income – if you are unable to work as the result of a wrongful birth then you may be eligible to claim for any loss of income that you have incurred.
HOW CAN MEDICAL COMPENSATION 4U HELP ME?
When it comes to dealing with personal injury claims, we understand how personal they really can be. Dealing with a wrongful death is an incredibly traumatising experience for any person and having to discuss this with lawyers may simply be too much for many people, that’s where we come in. Our team will handle the paperwork for you, we will treat you as a person, not just as another number, and we will respect your need for time and privacy during this difficult period.