Claims for medical negligence in Cardigan
Not many people like going to the hospital because they associate it with negativity and poor health, but in actuality the hospitals in the UK are among some of the best in Europe, while the staff are trained to the highest standards when it comes to dealing with our injuries. Unfortunately, mistakes can sometimes happen and when they do they can be very traumatic as we don’t expect such a thing to occur when we put so much faith in the service.
It can have life-altering implications both financially and health-wise for the victim, but if you have suffered through medical negligence and believe you have a case then you could be entitled to seek compensation. Making a claim against a healthcare professional can be something of an awkward situation, but if their actions have resulted in the decline of your health then you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence, which is where seeking professional help could be useful.
Where might medical negligence occur in Cardigan?
Medical negligence is a serious issue and if you have been affected by this then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Some common examples of where you might look to claim include:
· Claims if you become infected as a result of unhygienic equipment
· Claims against injuries sustained as a result of poor treatment
· Surgical mistakes made during the preparation process
· Claims against dental practitioner for poor treatment
· Claims against incorrect medication supplied
Who might be at fault in this situation?
In general, if you believe that you have been a victim of medical negligence, then the most likely person who you could claim against would be the doctor or surgeon who mistreated you. You can make a claim against any medical professional who you believe has put your health at risk through negligence, but you have to be able to prove their part in proceedings if you want to make a successful claim. If this is the case and you have been in the care of someone who has not performed to the best of their abilities, then a compensation claim could help you.
Which situations could I look to claim?
· Pain/trauma– you could be entitled to make a compensation claim if you have suffered as a result of medical negligence, as it can be a very traumatic situation for you
· Medical costs – a claim for compensation could help you to recover any medical costs that have come as a result ofunnecessary treatment – this could potentially leave you out of pocket and so a claim could be beneficial
· Income/earnings loss– medical negligence can have a detrimental effect on both your health and your finances, so making a claim may be your best option to recover any losses.