Claims for medical negligence in Colchester
A visit to the dentist or the hospital will be quite high up on the list of things you wouldn’t want to do, because of the fear factor involved in even the most basic of procedures. Fortunately we have some of the most skilled medical professionals in Europe and we can rest assured that we are in capable hands, but sometimes this isn’t always the case. Medical negligence isn’t a common occurrence in Colchester, but that doesn’t mean to say it doesn’t happen – if you have suffered then you could look to seek compensation.
If you have suffered from medical negligence then you will know that it can be a life-changing experience, as it can leave you with poor health and even affect your finances. Making a claim doesn’t have to be difficult, because if you can prove that you have suffered at the hands of a medical professional, then you could be in line for some compensation.
What are some common examples of medical negligence in Colchester?
There are a number of potential circumstances where you could fall victim to medical negligence, with some of the more common examples including:
· Claims against incorrect medication/dosage supplied
· Claims against unhygienic equipment used during treatment
· Surgical mistakes made during an operation
· Claims against a dental practitioner
· Claims for failure to diagnose an injury/illness
Who might be at fault in this situation?
There are a number of potential circumstances where you could suffer from medical negligence and if you believe this applies to you then you could look to claim for compensation. Whether you have fallen victim to an incompetent doctor or dentist, then you could make a claim against them for putting your health at risk and failing to carry out their duties – it is important to remember though that you have to prove their involvement.
In which situation could a claim be made?
· Medical expenses– medical bills can be quite expensive, especially when you shouldn’t have to pay for them in the first place – if you feel that you have received treatment which was unnecessary then a claim could help you
· Loss of income – if you have been left out of pocket as a result of medical negligence then you could look to recoup some of that by making a claim for compensation
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a painful and traumatic experience, so making a claim could help to ease your pain and get you back on your feet.