Claims for Medical Negligence in Evanton
If you believe that you have been a victim of medical negligence in the Evanton area then you may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Medical negligence is a very serious problem and one that could have devastating consequences, whether it is a result of a botched operation or simply because the correct procedure was not followed. Here in the UK we are fortunate enough to have one of the most advanced healthcare systems throughout Europe, but even so there are still risks involved and your health could be put in considerable risk as a result. It is for this reason that you may want to consider seeking compensation, because it could help you recover any losses you have incurred.
What are examples of medical negligence in Evanton?
Medical negligence can be a very difficult situation to be involved in, especially if you have to deal with the consequences, so making a claim could be the best way of getting you back on your feet. Some examples of where negligence could occur include:
- Failure to diagnose conditions and injuries
- If mistakes have been made during surgery
- If you have become infected as a result of unhygienic equipment
- If you are prescribed the incorrect medicine or dosage
- Untrained staff performing procedures.
Who would my claim be against?
In general, if you have suffered as a result of medical negligence then there are a number of people who you could potentially seek compensation from in cases such as this, whether it is your GP, a psychologist or even your dentist – if their actions have put your health at risk then you shouldn’t have to suffer. It is important however that you can prove that they have played a role in the decline of your medical condition and if successful it could help you to recoup any losses and help with medical fees.
What could I claim for?
- Loss of earnings – there are a number of areas where a claim could be made as a result of negligence, with loss of earnings being one of them. If you have been left out of pocket a compensation claim may be your best option to recover the fees
- Medical expenses– making a claim for medical expenses could be the best option for you if you have been affected by medical negligence
- Pain and trauma– one of the most difficult aspects of medical negligence can be the pain and trauma that you experience, so making a successful claim could help ease you of your pain and get you back on your feet.