Claims for Medical Negligence in Forfar
Although medical negligence is a rare occurrence in Forfar, it doesn’t mean that it won’t happen to you, so if you have been affected by this then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Because we put so much trust into our healthcare service it can have a more damaging effect on us both physically and mentally, not to mention financially as it can be quite costly too, but this shouldn’t mean you have to suffer the consequences because of someone else’s mistake. Medical negligence is a serious issue that could have dramatic, life-changing effects and if you believe that you have been a victim then a claim could be your best option.
Where could I look to claim in Forfar?
If you live in the Forfar area and you feel you have been affected by medical negligence, then making a claim could be the best option for you. Some common examples of where negligence could occur include:
- Claims if you become infected as a result of unhygienic equipment
- Claims if your referral has been delayed
- Claims against a doctor / surgeon
- Claims against a delayed diagnosis
- Claims against poor/incorrect medical advice.
Who might I look to claim against?
Medical negligence is a serious issue so if you have been affected by this then it is important that you can prove someone else’s actions have put your health at risk. It is essential that you keep a record of all of the events because it could help your case when it comes to court, otherwise you may find that you will have a difficult time proving yourself. In general, when it comes to making a claim of this nature you would most likely place a doctor, surgeon or even a dentist at fault, so if they have failed to maintain a high level of safety then you could claim against them.
What could I claim for?
- Loss of income – one of the biggest deficits that you could face with medical negligence is a loss of income, so if you have been forced off work a claim could help cover any losses you have suffered
- Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be one of the most painful and traumatic experiences you could encounter, so making a claim could be the best way to help get you back on your feet
- Medical fees – if you have suffered from medical negligence and have been stuck with a large bill, making a claim could be the best solution.