Claims for medical negligence in Galashiels
We are fortunate enough to have one of the most advanced healthcare systems in Europe in the UK, with legions of dedicated staff who have the skill and experience to pull off even the most complex operations. Whenever we are ill, they do their utmost to get us back to fitness in the safest and most reliable way possible, but sadly this isn’t always the case and you could become the victim of medical negligence. This can be a very traumatic experience for the victim, because we put so much faith in our doctors that we don’t expect a mistake to happen.
Making a claim against a medical professional can be quite a sensitive area, but if they have put your health at risk through negligence then you shouldn’t have to suffer alone. Making a claim for compensation could be a sensible option to take and if you are successful then it could help you get back on your feet.
Where in Galashiels might medical negligence occur?
Medical negligence is a serious issue and if you have been in the position where it has affected you, then it could be in your best interest to make a claim for compensation. There are plenty of examples of where this might occur, with some of the more common situations including:
· Claims if your diagnosis has been delayed
· Claims against negligent procedures
· Claims against a failure to warn of risks in treatment
· Claims against incorrect medication
· Claims against unhygienic equipment used during treatment.
Who might be at fault in this situation?
If you feel that you have been the victim of medical negligence, then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. The results of being injured through medical negligence could leave you in a lot of pain and trauma, so you shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences in silence and make a claim is an option that is available to you. There are many people who you could make a claim against in this situation, whether it is your doctor, surgeon or even a nurse who has put your health at risk, but in order for this to be successful you must be able to prove their involvement.
In which situation could a claim be made?
· Medical expenses– it can be quite expensive having to pay for medical fees, especially if you shouldn’t have had to in the first place, so making a claim against medical negligence could be in your best interests
· Loss of income – having an injury as a result of medical negligence can result in you missing out on work, meaning that you could lose a portion of your income. If you feel this has affected you, then you could be eligible to make a claim
· Pain and trauma–medical negligence can be a very traumatic experience and can have a large impact on your life. Making a claim could be the best option to helping you find your feet