Claims for medical negligence in Gateshead
Because of the infrequent nature of medical negligence, it can be quite a traumatic and shocking experience for anyone who has been a victim of it – especially if it has taken place in a hospital which we put a lot of trust in. Dealing with medical negligence is tough because of the sensitivity that is associated with it as nobody wants to claim against a medical professional, but it could have a serious impact on your life which a compensation claim could help you with. Although medical negligence is rare in Gateshead, you shouldn’t have to suffer when it does happen, so if you believe that you have been a victim in this situation then it’s useful to know what steps to take.
Could I be the victim of medical negligence in Gateshead?
Medical negligence is an unfortunate occurrence, but one that does happen and can have a dramatic effect on your livelihood – if so, you could be entitled to some compensation. Some common examples of where this might occur include:
· Claims against a GP who may have been negligent towards you
· Claims against a dental surgeon who may have been negligent
· Claims for mistakes made during rehabilitation
· Claims for errors during a medical examination
· Claims for the negligence of hospital staff
Who might have been responsible for any injuries that I have sustained?
In general, compensation claims for medical negligence would usually be taken against any medical professional who you believe has not performed their duties to the best of their abilities, as they could potentially put your health at risk. A claim could be made against a GP, doctor, dentist or any other medical professional who could have been negligent towards you. If you believe you have been a victim of medical negligence then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim to recuperate any losses you have incurred.
Where could I look to claim back compensation?
· Medical fees – medical procedures can be quite costly and can be considerably dearer if you’ve had to undergo an operation that was either unnecessary or detrimental to your conditions. This can often end up leaving you out of pocket, which shouldn’t be the case, so if you believe you have suffered from medical negligence then a claim could help you
· Income/earnings loss– treatment can be expensive and could leave you out of pocket as a result through no fault of your own. A compensation claim may be your best option to recover the fees
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a traumatic experience that could leave you in a lot of unnecessary pain – if so, you could be entitled to make a claim.