Claims for medical negligence in Kidwelly
Medical negligence is almost unheard of in the UK and in Kidwelly in particular, but that doesn’t mean to say that it doesn’t happen. Whenever we go for treatment at the hospital or a check-up at the dentist, we always expect nothing but the best treatment from highly-trained medical professionals who have experience in dealing with the most difficult situations. Unfortunately this isn’t always the case and you could become the victim of medical negligence and left with a lot of pain and suffering as a result. Because we put so much trust in doctors, when we become victims of negligence becomes even more traumatic as it is not something we are expecting – that’s why a claim for compensation could help you as you look to get back on your feet and recoup any losses that you may have experienced.
Could I be the victim of medical negligence in Kidwelly?
Medical negligence is an unfortunate occurrence, but one that does happen and can have a dramatic effect on your livelihood – if this has affected you then you could be entitled to some form of compensation. Some common examples of where this might occur include:
· Claims against a GP who may have been negligent towards you
· Claims against a dental surgeon who may have been negligent
· Claims for mistakes made during rehabilitation
· Claims for errors during a medical examination
· Claims against incorrect medication
Who might have been responsible for any injuries that I have sustained?
If you believe that you have suffered as a result of medical negligence and you have been left with further complications, then you could be eligible to make a compensation claim against any healthcare professional that you believe has put your health at risk. There are a number of people who you could make a claim against, with a GP, doctor or surgeon being the most-likely candidates, but in order to make your claim successful you have to prove that a person has been negligent towards you. If you believe they are in breach of their duties then it’s within your rights to claim against them for negligence.
Where could I look to claim back compensation?
· Medical fees – medical procedures can be quite costly, especially when you shouldn’t have to pay for it. If you have suffered as a result of medical negligence and are left out of pocket, then a claim could really benefit you
· Income/earnings loss– medical treatment can be quite expensive and could leave you out of pocket – as well as missing time off work. If you have been left out of pocket and are in need of money, then a compensation claim may be your best option to recover the fees
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a traumatic experience that could leave you in a lot of unnecessary pain – if so, you could be entitled to make a claim.