Claims for medical negligence in Matlock
Medical negligence is one of the most serious occurrences that you could encounter while undergoing treatment, as the results could have a dramatic effect on the way you live for the rest of your life. Because we put so much trust into our medical service here in the UK it can make the process of seeking compensation even more difficult, but if you believe that your health has been put at risk then you shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences in silence. If you live in, or have been treated, in the Matlock area and you believe medical negligence has occurred then you could be within your rights to seek compensation.
When it comes to making a claim for compensation it can be quite a traumatic experience, especially if you are unsure of what you are doing and if you are recovering from medical negligence. There are a number of factors that need to be taken into account such as being able to prove negligence has occurred, so it could be useful to note down the events that took place which caused your injuries.
Where might medical negligence occur in Matlock?
There are a number of instances where you might become a victim of medical negligence in Matlock, with some common examples including:
· Claims for a mis-diagnosis or a missed diagnosis
· Claims for errors made during tests and scans
· Claims against a dental practitioner
· Claims against an untrained member of staff
· Claims if you have become infected as a result of unhygienic equipment
Who might I look to claim against?
In general, if you have suffered as a result of medical negligence then there are a number of people who you could potentially seek compensation from in cases such as this, whether it is your GP, a psychologist or even your dentist – if their actions have put your health at risk then you shouldn’t have to suffer. Medical negligence is a very serious issue that could leave you both mentally and physically traumatised, with some cases even leaving permanent effects on your health. When it comes to making a claim, it is important that you are able to prove someone has displayed negligence towards you, otherwise your chances of success won’t be very good in court.
What could I claim for?
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a very painful and traumatic experience, so if you believe that you have suffered as a result of this then a claim could be the best option for you
· Medical expenses– it can be quite expensive undergoing a medical procedure, but if you believe you have suffered from medical negligence and shouldn’t have to pay, then you might want to consider making a claim
· Loss of earnings – if you have been left out of pocket due to medical negligence then a claim for compensation could be the best method of recouping your losses.