Claims for medical negligence in Newmarket
Medical negligence is a serious issue that could have dramatic, life-changing effects for you and because we put so much trust into our healthcare service, it has a more detrimental effect on us as that could be damaging for both our health and finances. Although it is an uncommon occurrence in Newmarket, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen, so if you have suffered as a result of this then you could be entitled to some form of compensation.
Making a claim doesn’t have to be difficult, because if you can prove that you have suffered at the hands of a medical professional, then you could be in line for some compensation.
What are some common examples of medical negligence in Newmarket?
If you think that you have suffered medical negligence in Newmarket, then you could look to make a claim to help you out. Some common examples of where negligence could occur include:
· Claims against incorrect medication/dosage supplied
· Claims against unhygienic equipment used during treatment
· Claims for failing to follow the correct procedures
· Claims against a dental practitioner
· Failure to diagnose an illness or serious injury
Who might be at fault in this situation?
If you believe that you have suffered as a result of medical negligence then there are a number of people who you could potentially make a compensation claim against. A claim can be taken against a doctor, surgeon or any other healthcare professional who you believe has put your health at risk through negligence. If you have a genuine case and you can prove their role in proceedings, then you could look to seek compensation.
In which situation could a claim be made?
· Medical expenses– treatment can be quite costly, meaning that you could be left out of pocket as a result, so if you believe you have had to pay for unnecessary procedures then you could think about seeking compensation
· Loss of income – if you have been left out of pocket as a result of medical negligence then you could look to recoup some of that by making a claim for compensation
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a painful and traumatic experience, so making a claim could help to ease your pain and get you back on your feet.