Claims for medical negligence in Penarth
If you have ever been unfortunate enough to have to undergo medical treatment then the last thing you want is for there to be any mistakes. The hospital is a place that we put a lot of trust in as we expect the medical staff to be highly-trained with a wealth of experience when it comes to traumatic surgeries. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case though and mistakes can happen that can leave us in a lot of pain and trauma – leaving us with the life-altering consequences. If you believe you have suffered through medical negligence then you could be entitled to seek compensation – a claim could be very beneficial to you and help support you with any costs that occur as a result.
What are some common examples of medical negligence in Penarth?
If you believe that you have been the victim of medical negligence in Penarth, then a claim for compensation might help you. Here are some common examples of where negligence may occur:
· Claims against a negligent doctor
· Claims against unhygienic equipment used in surgery
· Claims against injuries sustained as a result of poor treatment
· Surgical mistakes made during the preparation process
· Failure to diagnose an illness or serious injury
· Claims against incorrect medication supplied
Who could I look to make a claim against?
If you believe that you have been a victim of medical negligence in Penarth then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. There are a number of people who you could make a claim against, with the most likely person being the medical professional who was present during the time when you sustained the injury. This claim could be made against a doctor, surgeon or even a psychologist, but in order to make it a successful one then you will have to prove that they were at fault. If this is the case and you have been in the care of someone who has not performed to the best of their abilities, then a compensation claim could help you.
What are some common examples of claims I could make?
· Pain & suffering– medical negligence can be leave you with a serious injury and as a result you could suffer with the added pain and trauma – you could be eligible to make a claim if this is the case
· Medical fees – treatment can be quite costly and can mean that you are left out of pocket, so if you have had to foot the bill for unnecessary treatment then a claim could help you
· Loss of earnings– if you have missed out on work as a result of negligence then you could look to seek compensation to recoup any losses that you have accumulated.