Claims for medical negligence in Skipton
Although medical negligence is not something that we will all experience throughout our lives, it is unfortunately something that many of us will be left to deal with at one point or another, and if this is the situation then chances are that you will be left out of pocket while having to deal with some type of serious injuries at the same time – not a great combination.
If you feel that you have been the victim of medical negligence in a situation that was no fault of your own, then you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence as a result, and if this is the case then you could look to make a compensation claim to cover any costs that you have incurred.
Where in Skipton could I look to make a claim?
In general you can make a claim in any situation where you feel that you have been the victim of negligence and some common examples of this include:
· Claims for mistakes made during a surgical procedure
· Claims for negligence in examining a patient
· Claims for a failure to diagnose an injury
· Claims for a failure to perform adequate tests
· Claims for mistakes made during rehabilitation.
Who could I consider claiming against?
If you are considering a compensation claim then there are number of people who you might look to claim against, but in general your claim will be lodged against any healthcare professionals who may have been negligent towards you throughout your treatment. This can include GPs, doctors, nurses and anyone else who you feel hasn’t performed their job to the right standard to look after your health.
What are some examples of situations where I might need to claim?
· Medical costs and expenses – medical treatment can be incredibly costly and if you find that you have been left out of pocket then you could consider a compensation claim to recoup any damages that you have sustained
· Loss of income – dealing with a loss of income/earnings is never easy and as a result you could look to make a claim to cover any costs that you have incurred
· Pain and trouble – if you have dealt with any pain and trauma as a result of this negligence then you could consider making a claim.