Claims for medical negligence in South Molton
Unfortunately medical negligence is one thing that can have a major impact on your life, and whether it is something you are prepared for or not, then it’s something that you will ultimately have to deal with. Although in the majority of situations healthcare professional are trained to the highest standards, unfortunately this not always the case and you could find yourself the victim of negligence as a result.
It is important to remember that doctors are there for your benefit, but when they are careless and risk your health, then you could be able to make a claim for compensation for the costs incurred and any trauma that you have suffered.
Where in South Molton could medical negligence occur?
There are a number of situations where you could potentially be the victim of medical negligence in South Molton, and some common examples of these include:
· Claims for mistakes made by a physiotherapist
· Claims for errors made by a clinical psychologist
· Claims for errors sustained during a rehabilitation process
· Claims for mistakes made during a surgical procedure
· Claims for misdiagnosis or failure to provide an accurate diagnosis.
Who could have been negligent towards you in South Molton?
If you are considering making a claim for compensation, then there are number of people who you might look to claim against, with the person taking charge of procedures being the most obvious contender. This would usually be your GP, doctor, nurse or dentist and anyone else who you feel hasn’t performed their job to your standards.
Where might a compensation claim be made?
· Trauma and suffering– the process of medical negligence can be quite traumatic, so if you do find yourself battling in this way then you could look to make a claim to cover your costs
· Medical costs incurred– if you have sustained medical costs and bills that you can’t afford, then you shouldn’t have to pay for them if it isn’t your fault. You could look to make a compensation claim to cover these costs
· Loss of income– if your earnings have suffered as a result of medical negligence then you could look to recuperate that by making a claim.