Claims for medical negligence in Swansea
Medical negligence is a serious issue that could have dramatic, life-changing effects and if you believe that you have been a victim then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation. Because we put so much trust into our healthcare service, it has a more detrimental effect on us as that could be damaging for both our health and finances. Although it is a rare occurrence in Swansea, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t happen, so it helps if you are prepared and knowledgeable on what you are entitled to in such an incident. If you believe that you have been a victim in this situation then it’s useful to have some professional help, so if you were to make a claim then your chances could be increased with support and guidance.
Where in Swansea might I have suffered from negligence?
If you think you are the victim of medical negligence in Swansea then you might be entitled to some form of compensation. Here are some common examples of where medical negligence might occur:
· Claims for mistakes during treatment
· Claims against injuries sustained as a result of poor treatment
· Surgical mistakes made during the preparation process
· Claims if your condition becomes terminal
· Claims if your injury has spread to another part of your body
Who could I look to make a claim against?
We put a lot of trust in medical care, so if we have been the victim of medical negligence and you are looking to make a claim, then it can be a very sensitive area of discussion. However, if you believe that you have a case and that your health has been put at risk, then you shouldn’t have to suffer in silence and a claim could be beneficial for you. There are a number of people who you could make a claim against, whether it’s your GP, surgeon, or any other medical professional who hasn’t performed to the best of their abilities.
What might I look to make a compensation claim for?
· Pain & trauma– medical negligence is a very serious issue and as a result it could leave you in a lot of pain and trauma – if you believe this has affected you, a claim could your best option to get you back on your feet
· Medical costs – a claim for compensation could help you to recover any medical costs that have come as a result ofunnecessary treatment – this could potentially leave you out of pocket and so a claim could be beneficial
· Income/earnings loss– medical negligence can have a detrimental effect on both your health and your finances, so making a claim may be your best option to recover any losses.